September 15, 2016 - 0 comment
The best gives the best results!
If you want to paint the walls of your home and give it a new look, you need to hire the best painting contractor in town. And, when it comes to making hiring decisions, you cannot rely on opinions of others. You cannot hire someone simply because your neighbor had a good experience with him. In the same way, you cannot avoid a contractor if your cousin had a problem with him. Remember that in order to ensure the success of your home improvement project, you need to have the best painting contractor working with you.
Ask Questions to make a Practical Decision
As you enter the market, you will find that there are many contractors out there who will go the extra mile in order to win your business. Choosing the cheapest quote is not the safest course of action because it will not lead you to a qualified and trustworthy painting contractor.
Instead, you must do your due diligence and get to know different painting contractors. When you receive a quote from someone, be sure to ask plenty of questions, including the following ones:
How much Experience do you have?
- First, you will want to choose someone who has a big list of projects. Inquire about the number of years that he has spent in the industry. Ask for the number of projects that he has completed successfully. A reputable painting contractor will have a decent record of work and will be eager to show you a successful portfolio.
What Are Your Specialties?
- Some contractors specialize in certain types of painting work. For example, some might have much more experience in painting commercial properties and industrial spaces. If the specialties of a contractor do not match your requirements, it does not mean that he is not a good match for you. But, remember that someone who specializes in what you need can be of a great advantage to you.
Are You Certified and Insured?
- Certified painting contractors prove that they have completed the necessary training courses and are well-equipped to use the painting equipment. Knowing that a professional is taking care of your home will give you peace of mind.
Also, do not forget to opt for an insured contractor because insurance will help you to avoid the risk of accidents.
Who will finish the Painting Job?
- Every homeowner hires a painting contractor after thorough research. But, what if you find a different contractor and his crew in your home? It can be very upsetting to find out that your contractor has hired a sub-contractor to finish the job. So, it is important to find out exactly who will visit your home to finish the job.
When will you complete the Job?
- There’s always room for improvement. But, it doesn’t mean that a simple home renovation project such as a painting job should take several months to complete. If you are hiring a painting contractor to paint your home, it is important to ask the deadline for finishing the job. Usually, the estimate of painting job includes the projected timeline for the job. But, if the contractor has failed to mention it, you must ask for it.
Can you provide References?
- Do not hesitate to ask your potential painting contractor for references. Also, do not shy away from checking them. He should have plenty of recent recommendations. When you meet the former customers of the contractor, ask about their favorite aspect of working with the home painting company and their least favorite as well. It will give you an idea of what you can expect from the contractor.
Remember that finding the best painting contractor is not as difficult as finding a needle in haystack. But, you have to be practical and diligent in order to hire a contractor who can convert your ideas into a reality.
At Perfect Painters, we are happy to provide you with satisfactory answers to your questions. The reputed Toronto painting contractor will provide you with the best interior home painting service and ensure that you get the best results.