When hiring painters in Mississauga, and choosing between different painting companies, there are plenty of factors to take into consideration. You will want to find out how long the company has been in business, if they have any certifications, any specialties they might have, and what their reputation is like throughout the community.
How are you to get a feel for what previous customers think of the business? One possible way is to look for any local reviews, but a more reliable method is to speak with previous customers directly to get specific information and answers. Many homeowners considering house painting in Mississauga, however, are hesitant to contact fellow homeowners to ask these questions. If a painting company provides you with business references, should you call them?
Absolutely, You Should
The short answer is that, yes, you should contact business references, as this can give you the clearest idea of what it will be like to work with the company.
Do Not Be Afraid To Be a Disruption
Many people do not want to call references because they are worried about disturbing the people on the list. You must remember that the painters ask their previous customers if they are willing to be contacted as a reference. They volunteer to give this information.
If a customer had a positive experience with the company, they are typically more than happy to talk to you. They value the work that was completed and like to return the favour by speaking about the project. Of course, when checking references, you should try to be as courteous as possible, contacting at appropriate times and allowing the reference to get back to you when most convenient.
Questions to Ask Business References
Once you contact references, what information should you gather? Below are some of the most important questions:
- When was your job completed? – Ideally, the references should be from projects that have been completed very recently. This lets you know that the quality of work has not declined.
- How satisfied were you with the overall experience of working with these painters? – Find out what they liked, disliked, and why.
- Was your project completed on time and within the quoted budget?
- Is there anything you wish had been completed differently?
- Were there any communications problems between you and the company?
- How is the paint holding up now? Are there any signs of mistakes or damage?
- Would you recommend this painting company to your friends and family?
Of course, if you have any questions that are more specific to your project, do not hesitate to ask the references. They are there to serve as a valuable resource of information for you.
Contact Perfect Painter in Mississauga
If you are looking for a reliable Mississauga painting company, contact Perfect Painter. We are happy to provide you with our own business references, background information about our experienced team of painters, as well as a free quote for your painting project.